Streaming Well strives to provide its community of consumers with health information we believe to be relevant and important to their needs. The purpose of this policy is to explain the types of advertising we feature on our site and the rules we follow with respect to advertising. This policy will also help you recognize the difference between advertising and independent, editorial content on our site.
Our Editorial Policy explains our approach to ensure that the advertising you see on our site has no influence on Streaming Well’s content. We strive to ensure the quality, accuracy, and relevance of the editorial content and services that we provide to you.
Streaming Well makes a concerted effort to distinguish sponsored offers and advertisements from editorial content where applicable. Streaming Well will label this material with "sponsored" or "advertisement."
While Streaming Well is financed by advertising and sponsorships, it has established the following guidelines for the acceptance and placement of advertisements on its Web site.
- The placement of an advertisement on the Streaming Well Web site will, under no circumstances, be considered an endorsement for the product being advertised or of the sponsor of the advertisement. The sponsor is defined as the company that manufactures, distributes or promotes the product.
- Streaming Well reserves the right to determine the placement of advertisements on its Web site.
- Streaming Well maintains a clear separation between advertisements and its editorial content (see Editorial Policy). In order to maintain this separation, all advertisements will be clearly marked as such.
- The sponsor of the advertisement has ultimate authority, control, review and approval of the advertisement. The sponsor of the advertisement is responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Streaming Well will not necessarily monitor compliance with such laws and regulations, however, Streaming Well reserves the right to review any advertisement for compliance. Streaming Well may remove any advertisement that it considers to be out of compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Streaming Well will not permit advertising for illegal products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive or offensive material, including material that misrepresents or ridicules people on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex or physical handicap.
- Streaming Well must approve all advertisements before they can go live.
- Streaming Well reserves the right to reject any advertisement that it considers to be inappropriate or out of compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Streaming Well has the sole authority to interpret and enforce these guidelines and may change them at any time by issuing a revised set of guidelines.
Last Posted: 28/07/09